Monday, March 23, 2015

Goldberg Was Offered a Kickboxing Fight Against Alberto El Patron

Goldberg says he was offered a kickboxing fight against Alberto El Patron. The former WCW champion appeared on the MMA Hour with host Ariel Helwani and said that GLORY Kickboxing offered him a May 8th fight against El Patron, although El Patron is now dealing with a partial quad tear from a recent wrestling match, making the fight a no-go.
Goldbderg said about the offer, “I don’t want to be associated with anything that’s not done properly. I wasn’t a big fan of the (Bellator) fight that they did with Tito Ortiz. I was there to see Melvin Manhoef and Pat Schilling. When done right something like that can be a kick.”

Opinionated View- Glory's been teasing Golberg was involved with the company and I was really hoping it would be as a commentator or something other than fighter. Lets look at the facts Goldberg is 48 years old he's to my knowlge never had a professional or amature fight before. Yeah I know I defened UFC hiring Punk but here the thing Punk is still a very well known star if we are being honest Golberg's peak was 1998 from than on his star power faded. He hasn't even been on a wrestling show in over a decade.

UFC can also afford to roll the dice on Punk same way they could afford to bring in Brock or James Toney because UFC has credibility they have a larage fan base. Kickboxing though in America not so much. And I know someone is no dobut going "Bob Sapp" well Bob Sapp wasn't good for K-1 or Pride he was a side show and drew but it cost credibility. Most of you know I am kickboxing fan and train in it so I have a passion for this. I don't want Glory to go freak show I want Glory to be respected because it puts on Amazing fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment