– Dale Oliver, who produced theme songs for TNA, is back and Impact Wrestling will use his music in the future. This led to some music changes last night.
– Bob Ryder was backstage timing the show again last night, which he did for years with TNA. Matt Conway had been doing that job recently. Other names backstage include Kevin Matthews, Fallah Bah and Mario Bokara, who are all waiting to make their debuts.
PWInsider has a bunch of notes and spoilers heading into tonight’s Impact Wrestling tapings.
– The deal to bring Alberto el Patron into the company was finalized on Wednesday. He then flew in and won the TNA title yesterday. His storyline was actually planned for Drew Galloway before he decided to leave the company. The controversy of Patron’s win will be addressed at tonight’s taping.
– Ed Nordholm met with talent before yesterday’s taping to tell them about the company’s UK TV deal with Spike. It was said to be a positive meeting.
– Konnan was not backstage at last night’s taping, although he’s in Orlando. He’s expected to appear on camera tonight.
– LAX is expected to return in some form. Homicide is expected back this week but Hernandez is not.
PWInsider reports that Bubba Ray Dudley, who was a top star in TNA as Bully Ray, almost returned to the promotion last night at the Impact taping. He was offered a big-money deal and a top spot in the company, and would have faced Lashley for the title at the taping last night. Both sides were close to a deal, but it didn’t work out and so Impact then reached out to Alberto El Patron on Wednesday night and came to terms with him.
Impact also apparently reached out to another name to fill the role that was offered to Dudley and ultimately given to Alberto, but it isn’t known at this time who that name is. It was reported earlier by Dave Meltzer that another major name may appear at tonight’s Impact taping.
Alberto of course ended up winning the Impact Championship at the taping last night.
Drew Galloway was originally set to win the title last night but he of course left the company.