Thursday, July 23, 2015

7/22 WWE NXT Results

Show opens with video of Finn Balor winning the NXT Title at Beast in the East in Japan. Balor makes his first appearance as NXT Champion tonight.
We see the usual intro, then commentary welcomes us to the show.
Finn Balor's music hits and the new NXT Champion makes his way to the ring. Greg Hamilton is the ring to interview Balor, congratulating him on his title win.
Balor says he has been doing this for 15 years in Europe, Mexico, Japan and there was a lot of difficult decisions, hard choices, sacrifices and one of those was whether or not I should come to NXT. But, the moment I has handed this title, I knew that all of those decisions, those choices and sacrifices was worth it to be able to do this and Balor holds up the NXT Title belt. "Thank you Finn" chants by the crowd.
Hamilton brings up Balor's rematch with Kevin Owens at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn and their contract signing later tonight.
Balor says that Owens has made a huge impact, he won the NXT Title, he sidelined Sami Zayn, Hideo Itami, he hurt Neville and Rusev, he beat Cesaro and he pinned John Cena. But, he didn't beat Finn Balor in Tokyo and in the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, I'm gonna make history by walking in NXT Champion and walking straight back out NXT Champion.
Backstage, Devin Taylor interviews Eva Marie about her in-ring return to NXT tonight. Eva thanks William Regal for granting her this opportunity tonight. This means so much to me and I'm taking this seriously. When I came to the WWE, this is what I wanted to do and I feel like the NXT Universe has a misconception about Ms. All Red Everything and the last few months, I have just been putting in my blood, sweat and tears, training day in and day out, so I could come here tonight and showcase what I got. So my advice for the NXT Universe is open your eyes because you're gonna like what you see.
Eva Marie def. Cassie by pinfall with the Sliced Red (Sliced Bread #2).
Backstage, NXT GM William Regal goes into his office while on the phone, where he finds Tyler Breeze waiting for him.
Breeze talks about the main event booked for TakeOver: Brooklyn with Finn Balor and Kevin Owens and says its not that interesting. I'm not in the NXT Title match, so that must mean you're working on something bigger, something momunental for me, right? Spill the beans, what is it?
Regal says he is working on it.
Breeze says it better be something good and walks off as Regal apologizes to who he was on the phone with about being interrupted.
Baron Corbin def. Jesus de Leon by pinfall with the End of Days.
Samoa Joe def. Mike Rallis by pinfall with the Muscle Buster. Joe has new music, that is WORLDS better than that Angelfire MIDI knock-off of "Mama Said Knock You Out."
Backstage, Devin Taylor interviews Emma and Dana Brooke about Bayley returning tonight to face Emma. Emma questions what Bayley said about saying she would do more than hug Emma the next time she saw her. Emma calls it creepy. I guess Bayley has a problem because I broke her little hand. Was that not enough? She still not taking me seriously? Maybe its time that I break her childish spirit. Brooke tells Emma to calm down, do you need a hug? Emma says she guesses, that will fix everything. They embrace and walk off, but not before Brooke pats Devin like always on the head.
Return Grudge Match: Bayley def. Emma w/Dana Brooke by pinfall with the Belly-to-Bayley. Brooke interfered towards the end of the match, but the ref caught her and ejected Brooke from ringside, distracting Emma and leading to Bayley's win.
Afterwards, Bayley has a mic and says its great to be back. "Welcome back" chants by the crowd. Bayley says that she is back to be the NXT Women's Champion, but to do that, I have to be the very best and I want a match with Charlotte.
Backstage, new backstage interviewer Dasha Fuentes interviews Charlotte about Bayley's challenge. Charlotte says that what has been happening on RAW has been more than a revolution, its a statement. The girls at NXT have been finally been given the chance to do what we do on RAW what we have been doing on NXT for the past few years now and if Bayley wants a chance to face me, there is no one more deserving, but there is no one that wants to take that NXT Women's Title to RAW more than me.
Dana Brooke walks in and says that Charlotte would know all about chance. Chance after chance to reign the NXT Women's Title and then you're invited to RAW and given that chance? But, you'll probably mess that up, too and fail miserably. I have never been the chances you've been given, is it because I don't have a famous last name? But, I want that one chance, to not only prove to you, but prove to the world, that I'm here to make a statement and that starts by beating you.
Charlotte says fair enough, Bayley can wait another week, but that statement, I'll make one that you'll never forget. Charlotte walks off as Brooke decides to not pat Dasha on the head before leaving.
The Vaudevillains def. Angelo Dawkins & Sawyer Fulton by pinfall when English pinned Dawkins with the Whirly Divrish.
Backstage, Devin Taylor interviews NXT Tag Team Champions Blake & Murphy and Alexa Bliss about their title defense next week against The Vaudevillains. Murphy says that they are the greatest thing to come out of the 21st century, where are these guys from, 1999? That seems ages ago. Bliss shuts them up and says that when my boys face the Vaudevillains next week, they are going to leave still the NXT Tag Team Champions, trust me, I'll make sure of it.
NXT GM William Regal is in the ring as its time for the contract signing for the main event of TakeOver: Brooklyn. Regal starts to talk about the Brooklyn event, which the crowd boos, but then Kevin Owens' music cuts Regal off and Owens makes his way to the ring. Balor then makes his way to the ring for the contract signing. Regal asks Balor to sign the contract the first, but Owens cuts him off before he can do so with the mic.
Owens asks Balor how does it feel to be the NXT Champion? Its good, eh? How does it feel to know that you're gonna defend the NXT Title in the biggest main event in NXT history, which by the way, will take in BROOKLYN, drawing loud boos from the crowd. Owens asks Balor how does it feel to know that you're going to that match as champion, but still the underdog? Because the stuff you talked about earlier about all those things I did, you're dead right. I won that title 2 months after my debut. What were you doing 2 months after you're debut? Certainly not winning the NXT Title, cuz that was me. That's not all, I did cripple Sami Zayn more than once, I did send Neville right out of NXT, I did beat Cesaro, I did drop Rusev on his head and I certainly did beat John Cena. But that's just in my first 6 months, let me tell you what I'm gonna do in Brooklyn. I'm gonna show you and all these idiots that Japan was nothing but a fluke when I become the first 2-time NXT Champion and take Finn Balor out for good.
Crowd chants for Balor as he grabs the mic and questions Owens saying that Japan was a fluke. Balor says that he's heard it all before, everybody knows that you like to talk, but in Brooklyn, I'm gonna take your words and shove them right down your throat.
Balor signs the contract, then Owens does as well, but all of a sudden, after Regal signs the contract and makes the match official, Owens shoves the table at Balor, nails him, then sucker-punches Regal. Owens goes for the Pop-Up Powerbomb on Balor, but Balor comes back with a flying forearm and a running dropkick that sends Owens fleeing outside. Owens goes to the back while Balor stands tall while Regal collects himself at ringside as the show closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment