Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chikara referee comments on the state of the promotion

Chikara referee Bryce Remsburg discussed the confusing state of the promotion during an interview with John Corrigan of Temple News. "It’s a bummer, man," Remsburg said regarding the cancellation of all future events. "I’ve known these guys longer than a lot of my real life friends. The guys I met at CHIKARA are going to be at my wedding in October. I know guys are selling their gear. Some are trying to pick up bookings for the summer. Others will still be working for Wrestling is Fun and Wrestling is Respect...

"I don’t know where the last eleven years of my life went, but I know I have a lot of good friends and memories to show for it. I may not be a rich guy, but I’ve gotten to do things and meet people and travel places that I could have never dreamed of. I went from being a little pudgy kid watching wrestling on the couch to being in the ring with all these guys I grew up idolizing." Read the full interview at Temple-news.com

It's worth noting that Remburg was in kayfabe mode while talking about the finish of the Eddie Kingston vs. Icarus match, as he stated that "it sure seemed like Icarus had Kingston's number." The company has yet to make any official announcement regarding it's fate after canceling all scheduled events.

No comments:

Post a Comment