Friday, June 29, 2018

Former Tough Enough Winner Matt Cappotelli Passes Away

– Matt Cappotelli has passed away following a long battle with cancer. The Tough Enoughalumnus was thirty-eight. Cappotelli’s wife Lindsay released a statement confirming the news on her Facebook account, which read:
“I’ve been struggling with what to say and how to say this and I’ll probably end up rambling, but here goes. Today my love-my strong sweet beautiful love took his last breath at 3:30 am and went Home to be with Jesus….exactly one year after his brain surgery. You think you can be prepared for this when you know it’s coming, but you just can’t. The only person whose comfort I want now is the one who can’t give it to me. I miss him so much. I know where he is now is so much better, but it doesn’t change how much I miss him.”
Cappotelli is best known for his run on the third season of Tough Enough’s original MTV run, where he won alongside John Hennigan. Cappotelli had a few appearances on WWE TV and worked in Ohio Valley Wrestling under a developmental contract with the company. It was there that, after he went to the hospital to get checked out for a possible concussion, he was disgnosed with a form of brain cancer known as astrocytoma. Cappotelli, then the OVW Heavyweight Champion, retired and surrendered the title

No comments:

Post a Comment