Tuesday, February 18, 2014

ROH's Joe Koff Comments on the Matt Hardy Domestic Abuse Incident and Than Comments Again

Yesterday ROH COO Joe Koff appeared on Live Audio Wrestling and talked about the Matt Hardy domicetic violence situation

LAW: "Recently, there was a very public story involving Matt Hardy and his wife. What, is there any reaction from Ring of Honor's point? I mean, what do you do in this situation where there technically isn't any charges filed but it does become a public story when it shows up on TMZ?" 

Koff: "Yeah, you know what, it did appear on TMZ and did happen. Of course it happened so much earlier than when it was finally reported."

LAW: "Right." 

Koff: "Umm.. You know, I gotta tell you something John, there's really not a lot about it. I mean I saw the stuff on TMZ and I saw a couple of facebook, you know, comments about Matt wrestling, in, you know, Philadelphia. Um, I think it's really not a big deal. Um, I don't have a position on that and I mean, I think that charges were dropped, um. You never want to get involved in domestic stuff, in domestic relationships, and domestic disputes. But if the court of law, or the judicial system could find no fault with it, um, you know, I don't feel that's something we necessarily have to take a stance." 

LAW: "Alright. Fair enough." 

Koff: "I'm not shirking that, I'm just saying that it wasn't as big as... I think the fact that CM Punk said that he's wasn't going to wrestle for WWE, or when that story came out around that same time, I think it kind of overshadowed it." 

LAW: "Well, I think.. you know, when it comes to domestic violence, it's obviously a very sensitive topic for many people. And it's obviously one that's very different to react to-" 

Koff: "I mean had the outcome to been different, you know, from a judicial standpoint or, you know, a charge standpoint, I can accept that. but really it was just a domestic battle. You know they're two wrestlers, they're probably very physical people." 

LAW: "OK. Interesting.... analogy there... so…"


However Today Koff issues the the following statement

ROH COO Joe Koff has issued a statement in response to his earlier comments on "Live Audio Wrestling" this past weekend about the arrest of Matt Hardy and Reby Sky.
"I want to take a moment to clarify my comments on the John Pollock radio show last week. When asked about the Matt Hardy domestic violence situation, I was probably not clear enough in stating my views. Both Sinclair Broadcast Group and I totally abhor and condemn any form of domestic violence in any situation. That has always been my view and anyone who knows me knows my position on that. I am a husband, a father and a grandfather. I believe in the quality of family life. If my statements on the radio show appeared to be insensitive I sincerely apologize. Domestic violence is a serious issue and I do not condone it any way."

Opinionated View- Joe your an idiot! Would it have really be that hard to say "We are working with Matt…" Or something I mean just make BS up like you do when you claim the IPPV situation is taken care of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment